Venus Williams: Net Worth | What is Her Age?
Venus Williams Net Worth:
|Born:||June 17, 1980|
|Country of Origin:||
United States of America
|Source of Wealth:||
Professional Tennis Player
Venus Williams’ Net Worth Is Expected to Be Over $95 Million in 2022
Venus Williams is a professional tennis player from the United States who is currently ranked No. 53 in the WTA singles rankings.
- She is widely recognized as one of the greatest female tennis players of all time.
- When young Williams was four years old, the family relocated to Compton.
- This change of scenery provided her and her younger sister, Serena Williams, with the opportunity to try their hand at tennis.
Venus Williams Career
Williams’ dominance of the game began in the year 2000.
- Despite missing the first few months of the year owing to a wrist injury, she made it to the quarterfinals of the French Open.
- Williams went on to win 35 singles matches in a row and six tournaments in a row.
- Williams’ victory at the US Open was notable because she defeated the world’s top two players at the time, Hingis and Davenport.
- Williams won a gold medal at the Sydney Olympics after defeating Sanchez Vicario in the quarterfinals.
- Elena Dementieva in the final, and Seles in the semi-finals.
- In terms of success, Venus Williams had a mirror effect in 2001. She not only made it to the Australian Open semi-finals, but she also made it to the last four.
However, the sisters also won the year’s best doubles title, completing the duo’s Career Grand Slam in women’s doubles.
Tier Ii Competitions Were Outstanding
Her results in Tier-II competitions were outstanding. In the semi-finals, she defeated Hingis, and in the final, she defeated World No. 4, Jennifer Capriati.
- Williams achieved a career-high rating of World No. 2 as a result of this victory. The US Open is a tennis tournament held in the United States.
- She was ranked No. 1 in the world in 2002.
- She was the first African-American woman to hold the prestigious office, although only holding it for only three weeks.
Also read: Emma Hernan: Net Worth | Is She Rich?
Venus Williams has a net worth of $95 million as of 2022.
Made Less Money Than Serena
Venus, although being the eldest sister, has made less money than Serena, with a net worth of roughly 95 million dollars, 42 million of which comes from her professional tennis career.
- The remainder of her net worth is derived from sponsorship fees received from brands who approached her at the time.
- But her desire to launch multiple enterprises has earned her the titles of the owner of a sportswear line called “EleVen” and a diet company called “Happy Vikings.”
- She also owns and operates the “V Starr” interior design firm.
- “It was in my blood to be in the winner’s circle. There were times when I didn’t seem to be able to keep up.
- But I had the feeling that it was in my blood to win great titles, and a lot of them “Venus made a statement a long time ago.
View this post on Instagram
The Wealth of the Sister
Serena Williams was the lone female athlete on Forbes’ list of the top 100 highest-paid athletes in the world in 2017.
- Serena became the first athlete to ever enter the Forbes list of America’s Richest Self-Made Women two years later, and she is still on the list this year with a net worth of $225 million.
- On-court winnings are expected to account for $94 million, more than any other female athlete.
- Serena Williams has long been the benchmark for sponsorship deals. Nike was quick to cash in on the American’s international fame, signing her to a $40 million contract in 2004 and equipping her with court clothing.
- Throughout her career, Wilson has given Williams rackets. Gatorade, Delta, Aston Martin, Pepsi, IBM, Intel, Chase Bank, and Beats by Dre headphones are among Serena Williams’ other endorsement arrangements.
Venus, on the other hand, is thought to be worth $95 million.
The rest comes from investments, projects, and sponsorships, with $42 million coming from on-court earnings.
Venus and Serena Williams Are Two of the Greatest Women’s Tennis Players in History
Apart from being excellent singles players, the two have done everything in tennis while playing doubles.
- They still dominate the sport and serve as an inspiration to hundreds of young people, despite being in their early forties.
- Aside from being fantastic tennis players, Venus and Serena Williams are also accomplished, businesswomen. Interestingly.
- They run their company in a hands-on manner and continue to excel there.
- Who has the higher net worth: Venus Williams or Serena Williams?
- Both Venus and Serena have amassed large sums of money from a variety of endorsement deals in addition to tennis.
- Who is, however, the wealthier of the two at the moment?
- Even though Venus is the older sister, she is well behind Serena in terms of net worth.
- Venus’s net worth is currently believed to be $95 million.
- Aside from her $42 million in on-court earnings, the seven-time Grand Slam champion owns an athletic apparel business called ‘EleVen’ and a diet company called ‘Happy Vikings.’
- She also owns an interior design firm, ‘V Starr,’ as a result of her strong interest in the field.
It’s worth noting that this is the same firm that built Serena’s new home.
Serena’s Current Net Worth Is $210 Million
Serena’s current net worth is $210 million, which puts her well ahead of her sister.
- Surprisingly, the 23-time Grand Slam champion has made nearly twice as much money on the court as any other female athlete.
- Serena is also an investor and the founder of Serena Ventures, a venture capital business.
- The firm has so far invested in over 30 small enterprises. She also runs a fashion business.
Serena Williams is the face of several well-known brands and companies, including Nike, Wilson, Lincoln Motor Company, and others.