Overwatch 2: New Characters Sojourn | What Part he Play in Overwatch?
Overwatch 2 New Characters Sojourn: Sojourn, Overwatch 2’s first new hero, will bring a railgun to the game, as well as Canadian representation and the game’s first playable Black woman hero.
Blizzard Entertainment gave Overwatch fans their first genuine taste of what else Sojourn will bring to the game on Thursday, showing how she’ll complement Overwatch 2’s still-growing roster.
Sojourn comes to the fight with more than just a fast-firing railgun; she also has a fantastic rocket-powered slide maneuver that makes her agile and difficult to strike in combat.
Sojourn Also Has the Disruptor Shot
Which she uses in conjunction with her slide-powered boost leap to annoy a bunch of opponents in the gameplay video teaser above.
Finally, we see Sojourn’s Ult in action: her Overclock ability keeps her railgun charged, and charged rounds pierce several adversaries.
Here’s the Official Breakdown of Sojourn’s Overwatch 2 Ability Kit:
- Gun with Rails
- Rapid-firing bullets that generate energy on impact are known as primary fire.
- Secondary Fire: A shot with a high impact that uses up saved energy.
- Ground slide that can be canceled into a high jump
Launch a disruptive energy shot that slows and damages foes inside it.
Railgun energy auto-charges for a short time when overclocked, and charged rounds pierce foes.
Blizzard Produced a Movie
That delves into the backstory of Sojourn, showing how Vivian Chase came to be.
A member of the Canadian special forces arrived at Overwatch to join (and leave?) the heroes.
Read The Verge’s exclusive interview with Blizzard on Sojourn for a more in-depth look at the character and her creation.
Overwatch 2’s Pve and Pvp Aspects Would Be “Decoupled”
Blizzard Entertainment announced in March that Overwatch 2’s PvE and PvP aspects would be “decoupled” to release the sequel to 2016’s Overwatch sooner.
- New heroes, various hero reworks, new maps, a new gameplay style called Push, and a new ping system will all be included in Overwatch 2.
- Blizzard Entertainment revealed in November that it was “planned for a later launch for Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV than initially intended,” implying that the two games, which were both announced in 2019, could be pushed back to 2023.
- However, with Overwatch 2 entering beta soon, it’s feasible that Overwatch fans may get their sequel — at least the multiplayer PvP component — this year.
Overwatch 2 Has Yet to Be Given a Release Date From Blizzard
Activision is the publisher of this game. Blizzard announced in November that it will give the Overwatch team “additional time to finish production and continue increasing their creative resources to support the titles after launch,” according to a statement.
recognizing Blizzard’s turbulence and change as factors in the game’s longer-than-expected development
In Overwatch 2; Who Is Sojourn?
Because players are often more focused on in-game mechanics than on the tales that characterise each playable character in the game, many shooter games pass over lore.
- Overwatch, on the other hand, does not fall into this category because the developers created a lore thriller while honing the game’s mechanics.
- For a long time, the original Overwatch team has been a cornerstone in the narrative, but other names have made appearances in the past.
Sojourn, for example, was originally discovered during the 2019 Storm Rising event. Sojourn was rumoured to be one of the next playable characters in Overwatch, although that isn’t the case at the moment.
Who Exactly Is Sojourn?
Sojourn was one of the team’s initial members, thus players who are familiar with the lore may recall her.
- Winston also called her at first, but she didn’t join the crew until after the attack on Null Sector.
- Sojourn has gone in and out of the narrative despite being a new hero, giving her a familiar face for Overwatch fans who can’t get enough of the storyline.
Sojourn’s Real Name Is Vivian Chase; According to a Video Broadcast on April 13 by Blizzard
During the Omnic Crisis, she was a member of the Canadian special forces and fought alongside Overwatch.
- After the Crisis, she was contacted by Jack “Soldier: 76” Morrison, who invited her to join Overwatch.
- She served as a commander with the organization’s field operatives, ensuring that they were all safe.
- It’s unclear what adventures she’s been on since her days at Overwatch, but we’re sure to learn more about her backstory when more of Overwatch 2 is revealed.
What Part Does Sojourn Play?
- To get into the nitty-gritty, Sojourn is a mid-range damage hero with anti-flank potential and mobility.
- Her powers were revealed in gameplay footage and accompanying graphics, both of which explain how she’ll function in Overwatch 2.
- Sojourn’s hallmark weapon is a railgun that fires rapid-fire missiles that produce energy when they hit the ground.
Her Gun Also Features a “High-impact Shot” as Secondary Fire
This shot uses up all of the energy she had saved from her initial firing.
- Sojourn also has some interesting powers. Her mobility ability, Power Slide, allows her to slide across the ground.
- When you cancel the slide, it transforms into a high jump, similar to Baptiste’s, which offers her a brief aerial advantage.
- Disruptor Shot fires an energy shot that slows and damages foes inside its area of impact.
- Overclock, her ultimate ability charges her railgun automatically for a limited time and causes charged rounds to pierce adversaries.
- Allowing her to possibly hit multiple enemies at once.
- When Overwatch 2’s beta launches, Sojourn will undoubtedly be one of the most popular characters.
Players will have to wait till then to test her powers and see how she stacks up against the franchise’s returning actors.
Toys and Memorabilia From Overwatch at the Best Prices
These toys and collectibles are the perfect way to decorate your gaming room with goods from your favorite game, even if they won’t improve your ability.
- With an Overwatch action figure, an Overwatch board game, or the official Overwatch cookbook, you can pay tribute to your favorite character.
- There’s apparel for competitive gamers and gear for die-hard fans alike.
- Take a peek at these current Overwatch toys and collectibles bargains if you’re looking for some inspiration for décor, board game parties, or even cooking.
Nice grin McCree Nendoroid: Classic
- There’s only one man you can count on when the sun is at its greatest point in the sky.
- Good Smile’s McCree Nendoroid contains gorgeous artwork in the form of the gunslinger himself.
- As well as adjustable bits and pieces for the more fashion-conscious among us.
Overwatch Collector’s Edition Board Game by Monopoly Gamer
- Blizzard created an Overwatch-themed Monopoly board game to spice up game night.
- Some people love using ultimates to defeat their opponents.
- While others prefer to use land acquisition or, in the case of Overwatch Monopoly, objective control to defeat their opponents.
- This could be the game for you if you think you’re the latter. There are six Overwatch character tokens in this set.
- Overwatch-themed board, and a new spin on the standard Monopoly gameplay that everyone knows and either loves or hates, depending on your luck.