Melissa Gilbert Net Worth: Melissa Gilbert is a $500k actor and director.
With her husband, actor Timothy Busfield, she has amassed a net worth of $18
Melissa has had recent financial and personal issues.
She’s had tax troubles due to a slowing career and a pricey divorce.
More on these topics in the article below. In “Little House on the Prairie,” Melissa is best known.
Melissa Gilbert Biography
Melissa was born in Los Angeles on May 8, 1964. She began appearing in advertisements and TV shows as a child.
From 1974 to 1983, she played Laura Ingalls Wilder in “Little House on the Prairie.”
She was a kid and teen actress in various TV movies.
Gilbert’s post-Little House roles included TV and feature films, such as “Killer Instinct”, “Without Her Consent”, “Forbidden Nights”, “The Lookalike”, “Shattered Trust”
“Hollywood Wives: The New Generation”, “Cries from the Heart”, “The Soul Collector” “.
Barbara Gordon/Batgirl in “Batman: The Animated Series” from 1992-1994 and Kate Delacroy in “Sweet Justice” from 1994-1995.
Gilbert was removed from “Dancing with the Stars” in the eighth week in 2012.
She was nominated for an Emmy for her role in “The Miracle Worker” in 1980 and a Golden Globe for her role in “Little House on the Prairie”.
This historic show earned her two Young Artist Awards.
Gilbert was the SAG’s president from 2001 to 2005, when she decided not to run again.
Gilbert’s 2009 memoir “Prairie Tale” details her battle with alcohol and drugs.
Melissa Gilbert Private Life
Rob Lowe, Billy Idol, John Cusack, Scott Baio, and Tom Cruise are among the actors who have been romantically associated with Gilbert.
In 1988, she married actor Bo Brinkman and gave birth to their son the following year. In 1992, Gilbert and Brinkman divorced.
From 1995 to 2011, she was married to actor Bruce Boxleitner. Since 2013, she has been married to actor Timothy Busfield.
Melissa Gilbert Tax Concerns
Melissa Gilbert reportedly owed $360,000 in federal income taxes, according to reports from June 2015.
According to reports, she and the IRS worked out a payment arrangement. This was her second encounter with the Internal Revenue Service.
In 2013, she allegedly owed $112,000 in debt. Gilbert explained her financial problems in the following statement:
Recession Affected Hard
“The recession affected me hard, as it did so many others around the country.
That, along with a recent divorce and a decline in performing possibilities, created a perfect storm of financial trouble for me.”
Melissa and Timothy bought $98,000 for a 14-acre property in the Catskill Mountains of New York, about 20 minutes from Woodstock, in 2019.
This is the primary residence at the moment.
Which Member of the ‘Little House on the Prairie’ Cast Has the Most Money?
In the 1970s and 1980s, Little House on the Prairie aired on television for nearly a decade.
The Ingalls family lived on a farm in the late 1800s, and the show followed them.
- Even though the show had been off the air for nearly 40 years, the actors made a tidy profit. But who among the celebrities today has the biggest net worth?
- $500,000 Karen Grassle
- On the show, Karen Grassle played Caroline Ingalls, the mother of three daughters.
- Grassle went on to have a successful playing career outside of Little House, although she never had a more prominent role than she did on the show.
- After Little House, Grassle went on to star in films like “Harry’s War” and “Wyatt Earp,” and continues to do so today.
She’s still working in the film industry. Her net worth, though, isn’t quite as high as that of other Hollywood television stars, hovering around $500,000.
$500,000 for Melissa Gilbert
Melissa Gilbert’s portrayal of Laura I$500,000 for Melissa Gilbertngalls on Little House was possibly her most important performance to date.
Gilbert went on to act in smaller roles in shows like “Choices of the Heart” and “Babylon 5” after spending eight years on the show.
Gilbert Voiced Batgirl in the 1990s Animated Series Batman: The Animated Series
She’s also appeared in several Off-Broadway shows. Her acting profession has contributed to her net worth of approximately $500,000.
- $1.5 million for Melissa Sue Anderson
- In Little House, Melissa Sue Anderson played Mary Ingalls, but there were tensions behind the scenes that forced her to leave the show at the conclusion.
- Even though Little House was her most well-known television role, she continued to perform after the show ended.
- Anderson has been in television shows like CHiPs and Murder, She Wrote.
Anderson has a higher net worth than some of her co-stars, with a net worth of roughly $1.5 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth.
Lindsay and Sydney Greenbush Worth…
Lindsay and Sydney Greenbush are worth between $1 million and $5 million.
Lindsay and Sydney Greenbush started filming Little House when they were little toddlers.
The sisters are identical twins who alternated in their roles as Carrie Ingalls in the sitcom.
After Little House finished, they went from TV shows to commercials, starring in ads for Mattel Toys and Kentucky Fried Chicken, among others.
The sisters’ current net worth is mostly unclear, while some suggest they are worth between $1 million and $5 million combined.
$40 Million for Michael Landon (at the Time of His Death)
- At the time of his death in 1991, Michael Landon was wealthy far more than any of his Little House co-stars.
- In the show, Landon played Charles Ingalls. His acting career, however, did not end there.
- Landon starred in Bonanza for 14 years before Little House. He starred in Highway to Heaven for six years after Little House finished.
- Landon died three months after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 1991.
At the time of his death, he was worth $40 million in today’s money.
Return to the Plains!
Melissa Gilbert, star of Little House on the Prairie, has left Hollywood for the mountains following a battle with drugs and alcohol: ‘This is who I am now, with no hair color, fillers, implants, or Botox.’
- Melissa Gilbert, 58, and her husband Timothy Busfield, 64, bought a 14-acre property in the Catskill mountains for $98,000 in 2018.
- The actress, who starred as Laura Ingalls in the classic television series, is back to living the simple life,’ as she did on the smash show ‘Our Lives Are Simple Now.’
- That simplicity has a certain charm to it. And with that simplicity comes a deep appreciation for silence,’ she explained.
- After a life-changing epiphany that she wasn’t ‘happy,’ she also ditched the Hollywood frills of Botox and high expectations for perfectionism.
- ‘This is me now, with no hair dye, fillers, implants, or Botox.’ I simply look after myself.
And as a result, I’m loving the aging process,’ she remarked.
The Actress Now Spends Her Days in Hobbies!
Her hobbies include cultivating her strawberries and constructing flower boxes with her husband.
- Melissa Gilbert, star of Little House on the Prairie, and her husband have left Hollywood for the twinkling stars of the New York Catskills.
- After retreating to a $98,000 14-acre home in the Catskill mountains, Gilbert, 58, is enjoying the quiet life.
- Only 20 minutes from the legendary Woodstock site.
- Where the actress stated that she had given up plastic surgery and Hollywood expectations in favor of the freedom of being herself.
- ‘This is me now, with no hair dye, fillers, implants, or Botox.’ I simply look after myself. I make every effort to eat healthily. I’m a big water drinker.
- As a result, I’m truly loving the aging process.
- ‘[Aging] is a never-ending battle. Everyone eventually loses. It simply does not mesh with who I am and my current circumstances.
- It’s both exhausting and pointless. I needed to reach a point within myself where I could stop trying to be what other people wanted me to be and instead be precisely who I am.’
- ‘I eventually woke up and thought, ‘What am I doing?’ she previously told People magazine. I’m not happy because I look like a carrot top.’
- Gilbert starred as Laura Ingalls in the famous television series that ran from 1974 to 1982.
- In her 2010 memoir, she detailed her struggles with drugs and alcoholism, as well as her several plastic surgery surgeries and romances with some of Hollywood’s leading men, including Tom Cruise.
- The actress confesses to consuming two bottles of wine alone every night.
- After acting alongside the show’s creator, producer, and actor Michael Landon, who sipped vodka from his coffee mug,’ she said she used to be attracted to men who smelled like booze.’
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…