Kelly Preston Net Worth: Kelly Preston’s net worth was $180 million at the time of her death.
That was her net worth with her husband of 30 years, John Travolta.
He made the family wealthy. Kelly passed away on July 12, 2020, at the age of 57 from breast cancer.
“Kelly Preston, the beloved wife, and mother, died on July 12, 2020.
What Was the Reason for Her Death?
After a two-year battle with breast cancer, “Exclusive to PEOPLE:
- “She had been receiving medical care for some years but kept it quiet.
- With the help of her loved ones, “said a family rep “She was a bright, lovely, loving person who infused life into everything she touched.
- Her family requests your respect for their privacy at this time.”
Preston is survived by her son Benjamin, 9, and daughter Ella, 20. Jett died in January 2009, aged 16.
What Is Kelly Famous for?
Kelly is best known for his roles in the films “Mischief,” “Space Camp,” “Twins,” and “Jerry Maguire in 1996.”
Preston was given the name Kelly Kamalelehua Smith when he was born on October 13, 1962, in Honolulu, Hawaii.
Linda worked as an administrator at a mental health facility, while her father worked for a farming company.
Preston’s mother married Peter Palais, a personal director after her father drowned when Preston was three years old.
Preston’s Half-brother Chris Was Born to the Couple
Preston grew up in a variety of locations throughout the world, including time in Hawaii, Iraq, and Australia.
When she was 16, she was noticed by a fashion photographer in Australia, who helped her book early commercial work.
She Changed Her Last Name to Preston
She graduated from Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1980 and went on to study drama and theatre at the University of Southern California.
- Preston continued to audition for roles in television and cinema while living in California in her early twenties.
- In 1985, she made her debut big-screen appearance as Marilyn McCauley in the film “Mischief.”
- She was later cast in “Secret Admirer,” another teen comedy.
- Kelly starred alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito in the 1986 picture “SpaceCamp,” followed by a role in the 1988 film “Twins.”
She also appeared in the 1996 picture “Jerry Maguire,” which starred Tom Cruise.
Preston Had a Very Active Second Half of the 1990s
She appeared with Eddie Murphy and Jeff Goldblum in the 1998 film “Holy Man” and starred alongside Kevin Costner in “For Love of the Game.”
- She also starred alongside Martin Lawrence and Tim Robbins in the 1997 film “Nothing to Lose” and in the 1998 picture “Jack Frost.”
- Preston was the on-screen girlfriend of her husband John Travolta’s character in the film “Battlefield Earth” in the year 2000.
- She was nominated for the satirical Golden Raspberry Awards in the category of “Worst Supporting Actress” and won for her performance in that film.
- Preston made an appearance in the Maroon 5 music video “She Will Be Loved” in 2004. In the 2005 film “Sky High,” she played a superhero mother.
- In 2007, she starred alongside Kevin Bacon in the crime thriller “Death Sentence.” She had a recurring part in the television series “Medium” and appeared in the television pilot “Suburban Shootout” the following year.
- Preston featured in the Lifetime original television film “The Tenth Circle” in 2008. Britt Robertson, Michael Riley, Jamie Johnston, Ron Eldard, and Geordie Brown were among her co-stars.
She also starred in 2010 and 2016 episodes of “Kirstie Alley’s Big Life” and “CSI: Cyber.”
In the Later Years of Her Life
Preston’s acting career waned
She was a spokesmodel for the skincare brand Neutrogena and appeared in several television and advertising commercials for the company.
“Off the Rails,” a 2021 comedy-drama film about three friends who go on a European journey, is her final cinematic appearance.
Preston married actor Kevin Gage in 1985, and they have two children.
- The couple married for two years until their divorce in 1987.
- She dated George Clooney in the late 1980s before moving on to Charlie Sheen, with whom she was briefly engaged in 1990.
- Preston was working on the film “The Experts” with co-star John Travolta during this period.
- They started dating in 1989 and married in Paris in September 1991 at the Hotel de Crillon.
- After the initial ceremony, which was performed by a French Scientology minister, the pair held a second ceremony in Florida a week later.
Preston and Travolta were both Scientologists. The couple had three children during their marriage: Jett, Ella, and Benjamin.
Death Reason: Jett
Jett, the family’s eldest son, died of a seizure while on vacation in the Bahamas in January 2009.
- Jett had been diagnosed with autism and has a history of seizures.
- Preston and Travolta claimed that officials of the Bahamian government were involved in an extortion attempt related to their son’s death, which led to a trial.
- After an initial mistrial, Travolta and Preston decided to withdraw the case, and all accusations against the three defendants were subsequently dismissed.
- Preston died at the age of 55 after being diagnosed with breast cancer. She kept the news to herself.
She sought therapy, but two years later, she succumbed to cancer. On July 12, 2020, she passed away in Clearwater, Florida.
Preston Birth Place!
Preston was born Kelly Kamalelehua Smith in Honolulu, Hawaii, on October 13, 1962.
- She studied acting at the University of Southern California and began her career in 1985 with the film Mischief, following minor roles on television shows such as For Love and Honor.
- Preston went on to star in films like SpaceCamp (1986), Twins (1988), Jerry Maguire (1996), and For Love of the Game in the following years (1999).
- Preston’s final film role was Victoria Gotti, the wife of Mafia boss John Gotti, who was played on screen by John Travolta.
- Preston loved her decades-long romance with Travolta, in addition to her job.
- Travolta proposed with a six-carat yellow-and-white diamond ring on New Year’s Eve 1991 at the Palace Hotel restaurant in Gstaad, Switzerland.
- Preston was two months pregnant with their son Jett when they married on Sept. 5, 1991.
- (The couple later married again on American territory at Daytona Beach, Florida.)
- Travolta and Preston celebrated their 28th wedding anniversary in September.
The Grease actor remarked on Instagram at the time, “Happy Anniversary to my wonderful wife @therealkellypreston.”
Preston Shared the Following With Her Spouse in an Emotional Note:
“To Johnny, the most wonderful man I’ve ever met.
- You have given me hope when I was lost, and you have patiently and unconditionally loved me.
- Made me laugh harder than any other person could… shared some of the most amazing highs and lows.
- Daddio, you are a dream come true and make life so much fun!! I have complete faith in my love for you.
- Whatever happens, I know I’ll always be okay with you… I will always and utterly love you. @johntravolta, happy 28th anniversary!”
- Preston revealed to PEOPLE in 2018 about one of the couple’s final intimate moments.
“I guess it’s when Johnny suddenly whisks me away and tells me we’re going out to dinner on an airplane, and I have no idea where we’re going. Being married to a pilot is great! “she stated
Preston Told InStyle in 2001
And the three-time mother cherished her kids. Preston told InStyle in 2001, “I’ve wanted babies since I was nine.”
- Jett, their son, was born in April 1992, and Ella, their daughter, was born in April 2000.
- After three years of trying to conceive after Jett’s loss, Preston and Travolta’s son Ben was born in November 2010.
- Preston’s final Instagram post was a June selfie with his family in honor of Father’s Day.
- She captioned the shot, which featured their son Ben and daughter Ella, “Happy Father’s Day to the best one I know, we love you.”
Preston also shared a black-and-white photo of Travolta and Jett.
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…