It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is likely one of the shows that have been on the longest. Since August 4, 2005, this American comedy has been on FX. Then, when the ninth season came out in 2013, it started to air on FXX.
Now, in Philadelphia, it’s always sunny. The 16th season is going to make more history. The story is about the lives of The Gang, a group of egotistical friends who own and run an Irish bar called Paddy’s Pub in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Cast It’s Always Sunny
The main characters from the last season will keep their roles. These are:
- Charlie Kelly is back as Charlie Day. He also made the show and owns a part of Paddy’s club. He drinks too much and does drugs, and he can’t read or write English well. Charlie was often caught smoking crack or paint and eating cat food and stickers that aren’t meant for humans.
- Dennis Reynolds, played by Glenn Howerton, is back. Glenn came up with the idea for the show and is a co-owner of Paddy’s club. Dennis is the most psychopathic of the five friends because he is vain, shallow, hypersexual, greedy, and rude.
- Rob McElhenney is playing Ronald McDonald. He made the show with Charlie and Glenn, and he is also a co-owner of Paddy’s club. Dennis has known Charlie since they were kids, and he works as the Bouncer.
- Deandra Sweet Dee Reynolds was played by Kaitlin Olson. Dee, who is Dennis’s twin sister, works at Paddy’s Pub as a waitress. Even though she starts out as the voice of reason in the group, she gradually loses any sense of right and wrong. She is shown to be just as bigoted and bad as her male friends over and over again in the series.
- Frank Reynolds is played by Danny De Vito. Frank is Dennis and Dee’s legal father. He first showed up in the second season. He used to be a successful businessman, but he had a long history of doing illegal things and doing business with shady people. He decided to leave that life behind and try to make things right.
It’s Always Sunny What Happens in Season 16
In December 2021, the show’s 15th season came to an end. The last episode of the last season was called “The Gang Carries a Corpse up a Mountain.”
- Read More: Letterkenny Season 11: Is This Season Release in Year 2022?
- Read More: Who Appears in Only Murders in the Building Season 2?
Charlie asked Mac, Dennis, Dee, and Frank to join him, Dee, and Dennis on a hiking trip. But later, it was found out that Shelley, Charlie’s new father, had died. So, Charlie asked the rest of the group to help him follow an Irish tradition for the dead.
In the next season, The Gang might have to deal with a new set of funny, sad, or dramatic events.
In Season 16 of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” the subplot will send the Gang on different adventures that will lead to more difficult situations.
Release Date for It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
We’ve already told you that the sitcom will be back for the 18th season in 2020. Even though the scripts have been written, it takes a lot of time to make and finish the movies.
Reports say that filming for the last season began in May 2021 and ended in October. So, they might do the same thing again this season. The show will be on FXX, which is where it usually is.
Now, it’s likely that the release date will be in November or December 2022. Even though the exact date hasn’t been announced yet, this is usually when the episodes come out.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Happened to It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 10?
On March 28, 2013, FX renewed the show for a tenth season and said that it would move to FXX, which is a new network that is related to FX. Kaitlin Olson said in April 2017 that It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia would end for a long time.
Is It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Based on a Book?
The Gang Writes a Self-Help Book: The 7 Secrets of Awakening the Highly Effective Four-Hour Giant, Today came out on January 6, 2015, based on the TV show It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Howerton, Day, and McElhenny started The Always Sunny Podcast on November 9, 2021. It is a recap of each episode of the show.
When Will Season 16 of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” Come Out?
Taking into account the time it takes to film and edit, the 16th season of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” is likely to come out in the third quarter of 2022 or later.
- Read More: Will There Be a Season 20 of NCIS : Is It Coming Back in 2022?
- Read More: Black Summer Season 3: When This Season Will Come Out?
FXX ordered more seasons of the comedy show in 2020. So, December 10, 2020, was set as the start date for Season 16 of “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” Fans will be glad to hear that the show will go on until season 18. Depending on how well it does, there may be many more seasons after that.
The development of the script is expected to be done. On the other hand, it may take a while to finish production and post-production.
So, we think that the show will come out in November or December of 2022. You can watch old episodes of your favorite comedy show. We’ll keep you up to date on anything that happens.
Did you watch It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia last season? Tell us in the comments and tell us what you’re looking forward to about the next season. You can add this page to your bookmarks to get regular news and updates about the It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16 Premiere Date.