Hunger Games Prequel Movie Release Date: Following heart-pounding new footage from the fourth instalments of “John Wick” and “The Expendables,” the studio released a statement.
The fifth instalment of “The Hunger Games” was announced at Lionsgate’s CinemaCon event on Thursday.
The announcement was made via a minute-long teaser trailer at the studio’s presentation to theatre owners and journalists.
As two golden creatures were revealed, the beautiful visual featured pictures of ice melting off tree branches.
“The world will uncover who is a songbird and who is a snake in 2023,” a written scroll stated.
The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes
The film’s title, “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes,” was shown at the end of the trailer, along with the release date of Nov. 17, 2023.
- Katniss Everdeen was the main character in the books and later film adaptations (played by Jennifer Lawrence).
- A skilled archer from a coal-mining district competed in the games and ended up organising a revolt against President Snow’s oppression (Donald Sutherland).
- “Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes,” like its predecessors, is based on a novel by Collins, which was published in 2020.
Last year, Lionsgate, which also produced the other “Hunger Games” films, confirmed that a sequel was in the works.
A Young President Snow Is the Focus of the Prequel
Coriolanus Snow, a then-18-year-old who is chosen as a student mentor to a District 12 tribute in the yearly Hunger Games, is the focus of the 500-plus page “Songbirds.”
- While delving into the genesis of the games, the book shows a softer side of the ambitious one-day tyrant.
- The novel also introduces families and symbols familiar to “Hunger Games” fans, such as the Flickermans and the Mockingjay bird, and explains the origins of Katniss’ impassioned song “Hanging Tree.”
Here’s why Jennifer Lawrence is unlikely to reprise her role as Katniss Everdeen
Here’s why Jennifer Lawrence is unlikely to reprise her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Mockingjay: Mockingjay: Mockingjay:
- According to Variety, filming on “Songbirds” has already begun, though Lionsgate has yet to reveal who will play Snow and other major characters in the sure-to-be popular movie.
- Given that the plot takes place more than 60 years before the events of the first “Hunger Games,” Lawrence is unlikely to reprise her star-making role in the prequel.
Lionsgate Has Stated That Filming for the Hunger Games Prequel
Lionsgate has stated that filming on The Hunger Games prequel will begin in early 2022, with a release date of late 2023 to early 2024.
- The new film, which is based on Susan Collins’ novel The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, was formally confirmed last year, five years after the last film was released.
- It centres on Coriolanus Snow when he was 18 years old, long before he became the Panem President as seen in the main film and book series.
- It follows the Snow family as they struggle through difficult circumstances until he is chosen as a mentor in the 10th Hunger Games and attempts to alter their fortunes.
According to Deadline, Lionsgate motion picture group chairman Joe Drake laid out the timeframe, saying it’s “going along very, really well” in pre-production.
Francis Lawrence Will Return to Direct the Upcoming Prequel
Francis Lawrence will return to direct the upcoming prequel, Lionsgate said last year.
- Catching Fire, Mockingjay Part 1 and Mockingjay Part 2 are the last three Hunger Games films that she directed.
- Discussing the prequel, which will most certainly be launched in theatres before being published on streaming sites to maximise global box office profits.
- Drake stated, ” “There is a desire from the fans to return. I believe the stock market will recover.
- There will be a strong and stable platform for us to monetize our films.”
- The four preceding films in the original franchise grossed about $3 billion at the box office.
- Despite the challenges faced by Hollywood executives during the Covid-19 outbreak, Drake remained upbeat.
He cited in-house blockbuster franchises such as The Hitman’s Bodyguard and Saw, claiming that despite the challenging landscape, the current instalments of both will earn a profit.
The Sequel to the 2017 Film
The sequel to the 2017 film, The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard, starring Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L Jackson, Salma Hayek, and Richard E Grant, as well as newcomers Antonio Banderas and Morgan Freeman.
- According to Forbes, despite receiving generally unfavourable reviews from critics, the film’s debut weekend topped the box office, grossing about $12 million.
- Spiral: From the Book of Saw, starring Chris Rock and Samuel L Jackson, earned $8.7 million at the box office this weekend, the highest of the weekend but the lowest of any Saw picture.
View this post on Instagram
Mockingjay Is the Next Instalment
Mockingjay is the next instalment in the billion-dollar franchise, directed by Francis Lawrence, who previously directed Catching Fire.
- Mockingjay — Part 1 and Mockingjay — Part 2 are set to hit theatres on Nov. 17, 2023.
- During the Lionsgate presentation at CinemaCon, the announcement was made, along with a little teaser.
- As ice thaws in the background of a snowy scene, revealing a bird and a snake, the screen states, “You’re welcome to return to the Games.”
“The world will find out who is a songbird and who is a snake in 2023.”
Nina Jacobson Brad Simpson and Lawrence Will Produce the Latest Instalment
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, a spinoff and prequel to the Hunger Games trilogy, will be released in 2020.
- “Years before he would become the dictatorial president of Panem,” according to the Lionsgate synopsis.
- When Coriolanus Snow, 18, is chosen to be a mentor to Lucy Gray Baird, a girl tribute from destitute District 12, he sees an opportunity for a change of fortune.”
Suzanne Collins, Michael Arndt, and Michael Lesslie are among the writers for the film.
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…