House of the Dragon Release Date: House Targaryen’s narrative will be shared. On August 21, HBO and HBO Max will premiere House of the Dragon, a precursor to Game of Thrones.
So far, here’s everything you need to know:
What Exactly Is It About?
The series, which is set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones, is based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood,” and follows the story of House Targaryen.
What’s Going on Behind the Scenes?
The series is co-created by Martin and Ryan Condal (Colony, Hercules)
- Showrunners Miguel Sapochnik and Condal, as well as Martin, Sara Hess, Jocelyn Diaz, Vince Gerardis, and Ron Schmidt, serve as executive producers.
- Sapochnik received Emmy and DGA awards for “Battle of the Bastards,” which he directed six times for Game of Thrones.
- In 2019, he was nominated for another Emmy for directing “The Long Night,” and as an executive producer for the final season, he won the Emmy for Best Drama Series.
- The series is also directed by Clare Kilner (The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, The Wedding Date) and Geeta V. Patel (Meet the Patels, The Witcher).
- Director and co-executive producer Greg Yaitanes (Banshee, House) is on board.
Ramin Djawadi, the composer of Game of Thrones and Westworld, composed the music for the show.
The Game of Thrones Prequel
House of the Dragon, the Game of Thrones prequel, has a release date.
- In the three years since Game of Thrones came to an unhappy conclusion, a slew of prequels has risen and died.
- Only one has made it through the long night of HBO pre-production: George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal’s House of the Dragon.
- (Along with Condal, Miguel Sapochnik, who directed several Game of Thrones episodes, including the fan-favorite “The Battle of the Bastards,” is the showrunner.)
- As House of the Dragon gets closer to its premiere, we’re getting a better idea of the “different tone” the show will take.
- There’s still a lot we don’t know, but take it from Martin if you’re scared House of the Dragon won’t live up to its predecessor: “Prepare yourself.
You will not be disappointed, in my opinion.” In a blog post, the often-mysterious author stated that he’d seen a preliminary version of Episode One and enjoyed it.
“Precisely the Way I Enjoy My Epic Fantasy”
Martin wrote, “It’s dark, it’s powerful, it’s visceral… precisely the way I enjoy my epic fantasy.”
- “Ryan and Miguel have done an incredible job, as has the rest of the ensemble… Like Game of Thrones, most fans will only recognize a few of the cast members.
- However, I believe you will fall in love with many of them. (Only to have your heart broken later when… but no, that would be too much information.)
- I believe the Targaryens are in excellent hands.”
- Unlike Martin, fans have only seen a brief teaser of the film. HBO executives have refused to say when a full-length trailer will be released.
- However, there appears to be a ray of optimism on the horizon. “I’m not sure about Comic-Con; we haven’t announced anything yet,” Casey Bloys stated.
Chief Content Officer at HBO and HBO Max. “I’m not going to say soon,’ but you’ll start seeing material… I’ll leave it unclear if I say soon.’ So, who knows, maybe soon.”
When Does House of the Dragon Come Out?
- Finally, a release date has been set: House of the Dragon’s ten will be released on August 21, 2022.
- It’ll go head-to-head with Amazon’s The Rings of Power, which will be released on September 2.
Who Will Triumph When Two Fantasy Shows Compete in the Streaming Thunder-dome?
Who Is in the Cast of House of the Dragon?
The network debuted five new characters in a series of new pictures. In HBO’s official press releases, they are described as follows:
View this post on Instagram
- She is the king’s firstborn child, and she is a dragon rider with pure Valyrian blood. Many people believe Rhaenyra was born with it all… She, on the other hand, was not born a male.
- King Viserys’ younger brother and heir to the throne. Daemon is a legendary warrior and dragon rider who possesses the dragon’s real blood. However, it is said that the gods toss a coin in the air whenever a Targaryen is born…
- House Velaryon is the lord of a Valyrian family that dates back as far as House Targaryen.
- Lord Corlys grew his house into a powerful seat that is even wealthier than the Lannisters and boasts the world’s greatest navy as “The Sea Snake,” Westeros’ most famous naval adventurer.
- The most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms and the daughter of Otto Hightower, the King’s Hand. She grew up in the Red Keep, close to the king and his inner circle, and she possesses both courtly charm and political savvy.
- Cooke revealed crucial details about Alicent Hightower in an interview with Collider, saying, “In a conversation with Collider, I offered key clues about what to expect from Alicent Hightower, adding,
- “She’s a complicated woman, and I believe that people will want to see the worst in her.
- “Alicent’s familial dynamics, according to Collider, will likely underpin much of the show’s dramatic construction.
- Because she is married to King Viserys I Targaryen, she is Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen’s stepmother.
- Princess Rhaenyra wants the throne for herself, while Alicent wants it for her sons, setting up a war for the ages.
- Viewers will “take some time” to comprehend Alicent’s intentions, according to Cooke.
“What’s fantastic about Game of Thrones, as we’ve seen in previous seasons, is that you may detest a character one season and love them the next.
You Adore Them and Would Go to Great Lengths to Protect Them “Cooke Explained
“With these personalities, you never know what you’re going to get.
View this post on Instagram
- They’re quite well-written. You can do some horrible things because of the human condition.
- Then you’ll be able to achieve some amazing things. It’s quite complicated, and it’s far from black and white.”
Maria Is Played by Sonoya Mizuno
King Viserys I Targaryen is played by Paddy Considine, and Princess Rhaenya Velaryon is played by Eve Best.
View this post on Instagram
- Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin ‘Breakbones’ was among the seven new cast members unveiled by Deadline, along with brief descriptions of their characters.
- Strong, reputedly the Seven Kingdoms’ strongest guy. Lord Jason Lannister’s twins will be played by Jefferson Hall.
- Ser Tyland Lannister, the calculating politician, and Lord of Casterly Rock. Grand Maester Mellos, a loyal advisor to King Viserys, will be played by David Horovitch.
- Ser Harrold Westerling, a respected member of the Kingsguard, is played by Graham McTavish.
- Lord Lyonel Strong, King Viserys’ Master of Laws, will be played by Gavin Spokes, and his son, Larys Strong, will be played by Matthew Needham.
Bill Patterson will play Lord Lyman Beesbury, Master of Coin, a court role that Littlefinger fans will recognize.
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…