Ellie Kemper: Net Worth | Is Kemper’s Net Worth Affected by Her Family?
Ellie Kemper Net Worth: Ellie Kemper is an actress, comedian, and writer from the United States with a net worth of $9 million.
Kemper is best recognized for her roles as Erin Hannon on NBC’s “The Office” from 2009 to 2013 and Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix’s “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” from 2015 to 2019.
She has appeared in over 60 films, including “Get Him to the Greek” (2010) and “Bridesmaids” (2011).
She has also lent her voice to animated productions such as “The Secret Life of Pets” and “Sex Tape” (2014). (2016).
“The Lego Batman Movie” (2017) and “Sofia the First” (2013–2018) are two of her most recent films. Ellie’s book “My Squirrel Days” was published in 2018.
This is defined as “a funny collection of essays on one pale woman’s trip from the Midwest to Hollywood
She has also contributed to publications such as “The Onion,” “McSweeney’s,” and “The Huffington Post.”
Ellie Kemper Early Life
Ellie Kemper was born Elizabeth Claire Kemper in Kansas City, Missouri, on May 2, 1980.
- Her mother Dotty, father David, and three siblings raised her in St. Louis.
- David is the CEO and chairman of Commerce Bancshares and is a member of one of Missouri’s wealthiest families.
- William Thornton Kemper Sr., a railroad magnate, and banker is Ellie’s great-great-grandfather, and the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum in St. Louis is named after her grandmother.
- Carrie Kemper, Kemper’s younger sister, is an Emmy-nominated television writer and producer who has worked on shows like “The Office” and “Silicon Valley.”
- Ellie went to Conway Elementary School and John Burroughs School, where she studied acting with future “Mad Men” star (and “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” co-star) Jon Hamm.
- Ellie went on to Princeton University after graduation, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in English in 2002.
- She was a member of the field hockey team, as well as the school’s improv group and touring musical-comedy troupe, while at Princeton.
Kemper also studied for a year at Worcester College in Oxford while pursuing a master’s degree in English Literature.
Ellie Kemper Career
After participating in a 2006 Kmart ad in which a tarantula crawled across her face, Ellie received her Screen Actors Guild card.
- Kemper, like her future “The Office” co-stars Mindy Kaling, John Krasinski, and Angela Kinsey, interned at “Late Night with Conan O’Brien.”
- In 2007 and 2008, she appeared in sketches on the show. Ellie was in the TV movie “Redeeming Rainbow” at the time (2007).
- The comedy series “Important Things with Demetri Martin” aired on Comedy Central from 2009 to 2010, as well as the features “Cayman Went” (2009) and “Mystery Team” (2010). (2009).
- While at UCB, Kemper worked with the People’s Improv Theatre and the Upright Citizens Brigade.
- She appeared in productions like “Death and/or Despair” and “The Improvised Mystery” with the improv ensembles and Mailer Daemon.
- She wrote and performed the one-woman performance “Dumb Girls.” Kemper auditioned for “Saturday Night Live” in 2008, and in 2009, she was named one of “Variety’s” “10 Comics To Watch.”
- Co-creators Greg Daniels and Michael Schur placed Ellie on their previous show, “The Office,” after she auditioned for “Parks and Recreation.”
- She debuted as Erin Hannon in the fifth season of the show and went on to star in over 100 episodes.
- “The Office” web series “Subtle Sexuality” (2009), “The Mentor” (2010), and “The 3rd Floor” (2011) all featured her (2010).
“The Girl Next Door” and “The Podcast” were both released in 2011. (2011). Kemper guest-starred on “NTSF:SD:SUV::” while on “The Office” (2012)
“The Mindy Project” (2012–2013) and “Get Him to the Greek” and “Somewhere,”
Both were released in 2010, and “21 Jump Street,” was released in 2012.
- Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, and Wendi McLendon-Covey also appeared in the film.
- Melissa McCarthy in the smash comedy “Bridesmaids,” which got a Golden Globe nomination for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy and grossed $288.4 million at the box office.
Ellie had an uncredited appearance in the Jason Bateman-Melissa McCarthy picture “Identity Thief” (2013), and she starred in “Laggies,” “Sex Tape,” and “They Came Together” the following year.
Kemper Made Her Television Debut in 2015
In Tina Fey and Robert Carlock’s “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.”
- There are 51 episodes in total, including the 2020 interactive special “Kimmy vs. the Reverend.”
- Kemper portrayed Katie in the 2016 film “The Secret Life of Pets,” and she returned her part in the 2019 sequel; both films were box office smashes, collecting $875.5 million and $434 million worldwide, respectively.
Ellie appeared as a guest star on “She starred in 2017’s “Julie’s Greenroom” and 2018’s “At Home with Amy Sedaris,” and in 2019’s “Life in Front of a Studio Audience,” she played Gloria Stivic.
All in the Family and The Jeffersons
Both by Norman Lear.” In 2019, she was cast in the sixth installment of the “Home Alone” franchise, and in 2020, she was cast in the seventh installment.
- Drew Barrymore’s film “The Stand-In” featured her. Kemper has done voice acting in several projects in recent years.
- Including the movies “Smurfs: The Lost Village” (2017) and “We Bare Bears: The Movie” (2020), as well as the television shows “WordGirl” (2015), “All Hail King Julien” (2016), and “The Simpsons” (2020).
Ellie Kemper Personal Experiences
Ellie married Michael Koman, a comedy writer for “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” on July 7, 2012.
- “The Colbert Report” and “Saturday Night Live” are two of the most popular television shows.
- They received their son James in July 2016 and Matthew, his younger brother, in September 2019.
Despite Koman’s Jewish heritage, the couple married in the Catholic Church and raised their children as Catholics.
Ellie Kemper: Nominations and Awards
- Kemper was nominated for a Primetime Emmy in 2016 and 2017 for “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series.
- The series also garnered her a Gracie Allen Award, a Webby Award, and Broadcast Film Critics Association Award nominations.
- The Critics’ Choice Television Awards, Gold Derby Awards, Online Film & Television Association, Satellite Awards, and Screen Actors Guild Awards are some of the most prestigious awards in the industry.
Ellie Was Also Nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award
- As a member of the casts of “The Office” and “Bridesmaids,” she was nominated for Outstanding Actress.
- The Monte-Carlo TV Festival awarded “The Office” a Comedy Series. Kemper and her “Bridesmaids” co-stars were nominated for an MTV Movie Award for Best Ensemble Cast.
- The Alliance of Women Film Journalists, New York Film Critics Online, and the Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association have given the film gut-wrenching performance and ensemble prizes.
Ellie Kemper: Purchasing Real Estate
- Kemper and Koman paid $2.8 million for a pre-war co-op in New York City’s Upper West Side neighborhood in 2016.
- Tina Fey’s house is just a few blocks away, and the house has three bedrooms and three bathrooms.
- They put this house on the market for $2.875 million in April 2022.
Is Ellie Kemper’s Net Worth Affected by Her Billionaire Family?
- Unbreakable and The Office Ellie Kemper, star of Kimmy Schmidt, was trending on Twitter after a fan discovered her startling debutante past.
- We won’t say whether or not she is deserving of being canceled.
Who Is Ellie Kemper’s Family?
The breaking news, on the other hand, raises a slew of new issues, the most pressing of which being:
- Her on-screen persona as a naive Midwesterner seemed to be a far cry from the woman who grew up in a very affluent environment.
- Learn about Ellie Kemper’s ancestors and how being blue blood has influenced her financial worth.
- Ellie Kemper has made headlines for her debutante past.
- Kemper, we’re thinking, had a less-than-ideal Memorial Day weekend.
A Twitter user described St. Louis’ annual Veiled Prophet Ball as “a fancy event put on by our local KKK” over the holidays.
Kemper Was Once Dubbed the Event’s
“Queen of Love and Beauty,” an accolade given to only one debutante each year, according to her.
- Within a day, the internet had a collective meltdown, with over 28,000 tweets on the topic.
- Kemper hasn’t responded yet. We’d like to assume, though, that she has very little to do with the Veiled Prophet’s original basic ideals.
- Former Confederate officer Alonzo Slayback co-founded the Mysterious Order of the Veiled Prophet in 1878, according to the St. Louis Post Dispatch.
- The Veiled Prophet Party, a debutante ball in which the wealthiest young women of St. Louis are exposed to society, was one of its first events.
- To this day, a man, whose identity is concealed under a white veil, chooses one of the contestants and proclaims her queen of the competition.
The secret club, according to historian Thomas Spencer, was founded in response to the Great Railroad Strike of 1877.
Railroad Workers of All Races Were Fighting for Better Working
Conditions and a ban on child labor at the time.
- The city’s aristocracy felt that a workers’ revolt would jeopardize their position, therefore parades and balls were used to keep the status quo.
- In The Atlantic, Scott Beauchamp stated, “The ultimate goal of the VP events was to reclaim the public stage from populist demands for social and economic justice.”
- “More than just a parade of garish floats whizzing through the city streets, the parade, with all its splendor, was meant to reaffirm the elite’s values on the city’s working people.”
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…