Apple Earnings Report: On Tuesday, Apple stated that its earnings report for the fiscal second quarter of 2022 will be released on Thursday, April 28.
The firm will release its Q2 2022 earnings report, as usual, followed by a conference call with investors and analysts to discuss the results in further depth.
Apple posted a quarterly revenue record of $123.95 billion, up 11% year over year. The corporation made $34.6 billion in profit and $2.10 per share in earnings.
It’s worth noting that Apple had previously warned that supply shortages might hurt the company during the holiday season, but it looks to have weathered the storm admirably.
Due to Uncertainty Induced by Production Disruptions and the Covid-19 Outbreak
Apple did not issue any formal advice for Q2 2022.
- Apple CFO Luca Maestri, on the other hand, stated in January that the “very robust customer response to our recent launch of new goods and services drove a double-digit increase in revenue and earnings.”
- Apple’s entire earnings report will be released 30 minutes before the call, at 2:00 p.m. PDT/5:00 p.m. EDT.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and CFO Luca Maestri will participate in a question-and-answer session during the call.
Apple Will Broadcast the Results Call
Live on its Investor Relations website, as it does every quarter. Here at 9to5Mac, we’ll have our coverage as well.
- Next Week’s Apple (AAPL) Earnings Report: Wall Street Expects Earnings Growth
- When Apple (AAPL) reports results for the quarter ended March 2022, the market anticipates a year-over-year gain in earnings on higher revenues.
- This widely-known consensus view helps judge the company’s earnings picture. But how actual results compare to these estimates is a major factor that could influence its near-term stock price.
- If these key data are better than predicted, the earnings report. Which is set to be announced on April 28, 2022, might help the stock move higher. If they fail, on the other hand, the stock may fall.
While the long-term viability of the current price change and future earnings expectations will be largely determined by management’s description of business circumstances during the results call, it’s worth betting on a positive EPS surprise.
Consensus Estimate From Zacks Investment Research
In its forthcoming report, this maker of iPhones, iPads, and other goods is predicted to report quarterly earnings of $1.44 per share, representing a year-over-year change of +2.9 percent.
Also read: Apple chips on the table
Revenues will be $94.43 billion, up 5.4 percent from the previous quarter.
The Trend in Estimated Revisions
- Over the last 30 days, the consensus EPS estimate for the quarter has been revised to 0.18 percent higher than the present level.
- This is simply a reflection of how the covering analysts have evaluated their initial projections collectively over this period.
- Investors should be aware that the direction of individuals covering analysts’ estimate adjustments may not necessarily be represented in the aggregate chan.
Estimate adjustments made before a company’s earnings release provide insight into the business conditions for the period in question.
- This understanding is at the heart of our proprietary surprise prediction algorithm, the Zacks Earnings ESP (Expected Surprise Prediction).
- Earnings Estimates from Zacks Investment Research The Most Accurate Estimate is a more recent version of the Zacks Consensus EPS estimate. ESP compares it to the Zacks Consensus Estimate for the quarter.
- The notion is that analysts revising their projections immediately before an earnings release have the most up-to-date information. Which could be more accurate than what they and others contributing to the consensus forecasted previously.
- As a result, a positive or negative Earnings ESP reading shows the likelihood of actual earnings deviating from the consensus projection. The model’s predictive value, however, is only significant for positive ESP readings.
- An increase in profits When combined with a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), 2 (Buy), or 3 (Hold), ESP is a strong predictor of an earnings beat (Hold).
- According to our research, stocks with this combination yield a positive surprise approximately 70% of the time, and a high Zacks Rank boosts Earnings ESP’s predictive potential.
- Please keep in mind that a negative Earnings ESP reading does not necessarily mean that earnings will be missed.
For firms with negative Earnings ESP readings and/or a Zacks Rank of 4 (Sell) or 5 (Buy), our research shows that predicting an earnings beat with any degree of certainty is challenging (Strong Sell).
What Has Apple’s Financial Situation Looked Like?
- The Most Accurate Estimate for Apple exceeds the Zacks Consensus Estimate, indicating that analysts have recently gotten more optimistic about the company’s earnings prospects.
- This has resulted in a +0.54 percent Earnings ESP.
- The stock, on the other hand, currently has a Zacks Rank of #2.
- As a result of this combination, Apple is expected to outperform the consensus EPS estimate.
Is There Anything to Be Learned From the Past in Terms of Earnings Surprises?
Analysts Frequently Examine
how well a company has been able to match previous consensus expectations when determining future profit estimates. As a result, it’s worthwhile to examine the surprise history to assess its impact on the upcoming figure.
Apple was projected to report earnings of $1.89 per share in the most recent quarter.
But it posted earnings of $2.10, a surprise of +11.11 percent.
The company has surpassed consensus EPS projections three times in the last four quarters.
A stock’s move up or lower may not be solely due to an earnings beat or miss.
Despite an earnings beat, many equities lose momentum as a result of other reasons that disappoint investors.
- Unexpected factors have also helped several stocks advance despite an earnings shortfall.
- However, betting on stocks that are projected to outperform earnings estimates improves your chances of winning.
- This is why, before a company’s quarterly report, you should look at its Earnings ESP and Zacks Rank. Use our Earnings ESP Filter to find the best stocks to buy or sell before they release earnings.
- Apple appears to be a strong possibility for a positive earnings surprise.
- However, before betting on this stock or keeping away from it ahead of the release of its results.
- Investors should consider several other considerations.
- With the Zacks Earnings Calendar, you can stay on top of impending earnings announcements.
Want the most recent Zacks Investment Research recommendations? You can get 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days for free today. To obtain a free copy of this report, please click here.
For more information please visit us: Overtells
Our goal is to cultivate 21st-century authors who are unique, original, and iconic. A big part of Austin Howden’s work is guiding authors through the publication process so they may avoid the most common problems. His Publishing Strategy Sessions can help with this as well.