Alexa End of Service: Alexa Rank Service Closed | Why It Is Closing?
Alexa End of Service: Alexa Internet, a service that has offered web traffic statistics for more than two decades, is being shut down by Amazon.
Alexa began in 1996 and was purchased by Amazon in 1999. (15 years before the shopping giant revealed its digital assistant of the same name).
Alexa is best recognized for its Alexa Rank, a list of the world’s most popular websites, which is widely cited in news reports and public resources such as Wikipedia.
What Did the Alexa.com Team Said?
This information is extrapolated from a limited sample of online users who use the company’s browser extension and sites that choose to install its traffic monitoring software directly.
- The Alexa.com team said in a blog post that the company will stop accepting new memberships on December 8th, 2021, and will shut down the site on May 1st, 2022.
- “Alexa Internet was founded twenty-five years ago.
- We’ve made the painful choice to retire Alexa.com on May 1, 2022, after two decades of helping you locate, reach, and convert your digital audience.
Thank you for making us your go-to resource for content research, competition analysis, keyword research, and more,” the post continues.
Paid Alexa Users Can Download Their Data and Deactivate Their Accounts
Alexa.com’s rankings have always been popular and divisive, which is understandable considering the importance of traffic analytics in many internet businesses.
Despite numerous charges that the service’s Alexa Rank may be manipulated over the years, it remained the most well-known name in the web-ranking industry.
Alternative services such as SimilarWeb, Tranco, and ComScore are available.
Message From Alexa Ofiicial Team
Twenty-five years ago, we founded Alexa Internet. After two decades of helping you find, reach, and convert your digital audience, we made the difficult decision to retire Alexa.com on May 1, 2022.
Thank you for making us your go-to resource for content research, competitive analysis, keyword research, and so much more. We have been proud to serve you as customers.
Thank you sincerely,
The Alexa.com Team
Why Is Alexa Shutting Down in Comparison to Similarweb?
After 25 years in the market, Alexa.com, Amazon’s website ranking service, will be terminated in May 2022.
- While many people are looking for reasons why something like this is likely to happen, others are always looking for new and better answers.
- Especially now, when more businesses are migrating to the internet at an astonishing rate.
- Are you concerned about doing the actual data ranking as well as the digital insights without the assistance of Alexa?
- Don’t worry; you’ll still be at the top of your game, if not better, thanks to the new Similarweb innovation.
Related: Dev Error 6065| How Do I Fix It?
Similarweb has advanced to the point where it can take next-generation ranking to the next level.
The Widespread Adoption of the Internet Has Increased the Demand for Digital Data
More businesses and services are looking for a platform that can provide complete analytics on industry trends and internet activities in real-time.
- It’s no wonder, however, that Alexa.com has had a strong start to 2020, with over 5 million monthly users.
- Throughout the year, traffic remained stable, with a noteworthy increase around the 2020 holiday season.
- 2021, on the other hand, was a whole other scenario.
- The number of Alexa.com visits has steadily fallen, with a 28 percent drop in the last six months alone.
- In 2021, while the globe made enormous development in multiple dimensions, it was discovered that Alexa.com had a reversal pattern, whereas other similar web tools predicted significant visitor growth.
The average number of unique visitors to Alexa.com declined by 28% between January and November 2021.
Alexa’s Key Competitors
On the other hand, Alexa’s key competitors, such as Similarweb, had a 40% growth in unique visitors over the same period.
- It’s time to shut down Alexa.com after realizing it can’t attract new traffic or stay up with the expansion of its competitors.
- Similarweb will now take over as your go-to option in all places where Alexa was previously used.
Similarweb vs. Alexa
The website ranking service Alexa.com is well-known for displaying how websites compare to one another.
- Alexa and Similarweb provide businesses with complete visibility into their web rankings.
- Similarweb, on the other hand, offers unrestricted access to the same service based on real user data.
- Alexa customers can only view how they rank in comparison to their peers.
- Not where their strategy went awry or what strategies their rivals are employing to succeed.
- Beyond ranking, there is a slew of other fascinating information to unearth, and Alexa is unlikely to be among them.
- For more than 10 years, Similarweb has been at the forefront of digital intelligence, providing rank data as well as unmatched, actionable insights into the performance of over one billion websites.
- Similarweb’s digital intelligence is based on integrated data and gives users a comprehensive, 360-degree view of the internet.
- The most trusted competitive intelligence tool provides unrivaled knowledge to assist you in making your website and business successful.
It functions by integrating rank data with comprehensive data indications as well as a variety of additional features.
For more information please visit us: Overtells
An author with years experience in publishing articles related to celebrity net worth and big banner films and tv series. I have published many articles on gadgets, error codes, tech information, and games. Upcoming films, cast, tv serials latest celebrities are my focus categories. Providing more and more information is the main focus. Refer to the website Overtells for more…